At the start of a construction project, construction contractors believe that a good foundation exists to support the framework of agreements between them and the other parties. Over the course of the construction project, the foundation can get cracks. These cracks lead to distress in the framework. This distress leads to informal disputes and/or litigation.
It is at this juncture that an experienced construction attorney is necessary to assist construction contractors with navigating the legal system.
Like all construction attorneys, our first priority is to protect our construction contractors’ interests. It is the next set of self-imposed duties that set us apart from other construction attorneys. We also believe in
- Maintaining Relationships: The construction community is small. Most construction contractors will work with the same parties over and over again. Our goal is to get the construction contractors we are representing to a resolution that still maintains their relationship with the other party. This is so both parties can work together on the next construction project.
- Making Bottom Line Business Decisions: Litigation is a well worn path for us. Because of this we know that that “wining” at trial is not always the best business decision for construction contractors’ bottom line. We are always looking for strategies that are bet for our construction contractors’ bottom line.
We litigate various construction issues including:
- Delay Claims
- Breach of Contract
- Construction Defects
- Strict Liability
- Home Improvement Contracts
- Enforcement of Mechanics Liens
- Enforcement of Bonded Stop Notices
- Payment Bonds
- Performance Bonded
4012 Katella Suite 102
Los Alamitos, CA 90720